Edition 3915: LawNewsIndex is a UK based daily legal news archive on Law, Lawyers, Law Firms, Justice, Jurisprudence, Legislation, Litigation, Legal Ethics & Human Rights since 2011.
Today's Highlighted Video Story: In a defamation case, the former Australian federal MP Andrew Laming has received an apology from Nine News in Federal Court over allegations aired in a TV story last year.
Focus of the Day Article: A Southampton firm will lose out on three months’ duty solicitor work due to government ‘bureaucracy’ that could have devastating consequences – and it is not alone. Full story - The Law Society Gazette
|Saturday Conversations on Law|
- Prince Andrew joins Queen procession amid concern over stand-in role: Position as counsellor of state under scrutiny as fresh reports about Jeffrey Epstein scandal emerge https://t.co/5mIZRWtQVw
- Parents were unfairly denied lawyer at dying baby hearing | Law Gazette https://t.co/w9QJvaRpI6
- Britain likes to consider itself the cradle of free speech – until someone heckles Prince Andrew https://t.co/3MCngfOU5L
- Baker McKenzie ‘parting ways’ with top UAE lawyer over tweets | Law Gazette https://t.co/CnUPNl7Zam
- Parents of dying baby "should have had adjournment" after lawyers withdrew - Legal Futures https://t.co/XySMIAEBy4
- Gateley continues unchecked growth with positive figures | Law Gazette https://t.co/tuxzd3500E
- Ukraine war: Accounts of #Russian torture emerge in liberated areas https://t.co/zjgQL2ejyB
- 'Rocket fuel' consolidator buys one firm and seeks more | Law Gazette https://t.co/pSGsOCEwn2
- LawCare urges SRA to consider wellbeing of those facing disciplinary action - Legal Futures https://t.co/ebyxJOH55C
- Will budgeting survive latest costs review? | Law Gazette https://t.co/KtpR0oJrvB
Starr, the prosecutor whose investigation led to President Bill
Clinton's impeachment, has died at the age of 76, his family says.
Starr, a former judge and #US solicitor general, died at a Houston
hospital on Tuesday of complications from surgery https://t.co/nLw5oDVhfq
- Another Black man has died at the hands of the Met police. When will this stop? https://t.co/DpZzXGOqQc
rights group was set up ‘to promote transphobic activity’, court told.
Claim comes in appeal by trans rights charity against decision to give
LGB Alliance charitable status https://t.co/dqDwfu75Bx
- Lord chancellor postpones meeting with criminal bar chiefs | Law Gazette https://t.co/FK4aQWDlro
- Hibernian Law Journal appoints Joshua Kieran-Glennon as editor-in-chief | Irish Legal News https://t.co/mWbKQw3EyE
- #US teenager who stabbed her alleged rapist to death has been sentenced by an Iowa court to five years' probation. Pieper Lewis, 17, was also ordered to pay $150,000 (£130,350) to Zachary Brooks' family over his murder in 2020. She was 15 at the time https://t.co/kfvn6ZHqub
- Listed legal business: strong results, a conflict of interest and acquisitions - Legal Futures https://t.co/tiFeNfXT0Y
- Womble Bond Dickinson adds Wilmer & Lee partner trio as it opens in Huntsville, US - The Global Legal Post https://t.co/NMZOHSHoPQ
- PE-backed conveyancer puts acquisitions on hold - Legal Futures https://t.co/rYk3gBQowz
- EU countries told to scrutinise Russian visa applications for security risks | Scottish Legal News https://t.co/6cAmb0YmNb
- Duty rota omissions 'devastating' for firms | Law Gazette https://t.co/9LzuBqqQXf
- Top-50 financial results table 2022: updated live | Law Gazette https://t.co/zWWUkMG35z
- GSK Stockmann adds Luther London head for City launch - The Global Legal Post https://t.co/9fsPLCaCk5
- Money matters – and crime doesn’t pay | Law Gazette https://t.co/cmAsjJ5JLo