Edition 4022: LawNewsIndex is a UK based daily legal news archive on Law, Lawyers, Law Firms, Justice, Jurisprudence, Legislation, Litigation, Legal Ethics & Human Rights since 2011.
Season's Greetings to all readers!
Today's Highlighted Video Story: Andrew Tate, the controversial influencer and misogynist, faces a further 30 days in detention after prosecutors in Romania requested an extension for their investigation. Tate was detained along with his brother Tristan and two other suspects, after a raid on his house in Bucharest. They've been accused in connection with a human trafficking and rape investigation.
|Saturday Conversations on Law|
- Complained about neglect in a care home and faced a visiting ban? This is the new normal https://t.co/7lSOYmVmqJ
- Leaving No One Behind: Human Rights and Gender as Critical Frameworks for U=U – Health and Human Rights Journal https://t.co/VHwtaBDfCh
- Protesting Serbs in northern #Kosovo start removing barricades - the removal of the roadblock paves the way for easing soaring tensions in the volatile region https://t.co/Qe3Ro9ikLb
- Countries imposing COVID rules for travellers from #China. The US, Italy and other countries introduce restrictions after surge in infections in China https://t.co/GT9tfOFdST
- Why environmental disaster victims are looking to European courts - Campaigners are finding courts increasingly open to considering cases – and finding in their favour https://t.co/6Ia5xw7DCc
- ‘Suicidal thoughts strike every day’: #India’s sextortion scourge. Sexual blackmail schemes are spreading from the upper echelons of Indian society to the poor and working class https://t.co/XduGUvlZwg
- New Year partygoers are being urged to report drink and needle-spiking as quickly as possible. Almost 5,000 reports of needle and drink spiking were made to UK police forces over the course of a year https://t.co/h7cAV4dEeB
- A care agency boss has described the NHS as "a joke" after a disabled man was forced to wait for 48 hours in A&E. One patient with severe epilepsy, had been taken to the Grange Hospital near Cwmbran, Torfaen complaining of chest pain https://t.co/0sjvzlaCSE
- #Nigeria's police chief suspends officer who allegedly shot dead a pregnant female lawyer in the main city Lagos on Christmas Day. Drambi Vandi is reported to have hit Bolanle Raheem as she and several family members were driving home from a church service https://t.co/a0SAz5dIZR
- More former British and Irish Lions are among those suing rugby authorities for their brain injuries. The high-profile stars join more than 200 male and female players' action https://t.co/X4Jqv59Chn
- Doncaster surgery sends cancer text instead of festive message https://t.co/e2R5bt1C9u
- Urgent plea to only use A&E in Greater Manchester if life-threatening https://t.co/OZ8Ln9So6P