1832nd Edition: LawNewsIndex is a UK based news & legal articles archive focusing on Law, Lawyers, Law Firms, Justice, Legislation, Legal Ethics, Human Rights & Social Justice issues.
Wishing a very happy new year to all our readers! May the season of goodwill bring you peace, justice and happiness.
Today's video story: Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has vowed to “fight to the end against terrorism” after a gunman killed 39 people celebrating the New Year at a nightclub in Istanbul. Many foreigners were among the dead and more than 60 people were wounded.
A manhunt is under way for the attacker.
|Saturday Conversations on Law|
- Is Donald Trump the Friend #Israel Needs? https://t.co/BGl06kS0ot
- Lessons From the Media's Failures in Its Year With Trump https://t.co/nazzYHaHeY
- The Problem With 'Self-Investigation' in a Post-Truth Era https://t.co/b6r2jddy9l
- Obama's Last Days: Aiding Trump Transition, but Erecting Policy Roadblocks #US https://t.co/heKfnb6loL
- Propaganda With a Millennial Twist Pops Up in #CHINA https://t.co/8kUJsBOmpI
- Feminism Lost. Now What? https://t.co/ciJYDyxLkN
- Donald Trump Promises a Revelation on Hacking https://t.co/RqWh3qTIJw
- Law and Lawyers: Brexit litigation in the Supreme Court - the case ... https://t.co/BxXHXdsQL3
- The Suez file: Lord McNair's letter to Lord Kilmuir, November 4, 1956 https://t.co/epbrYazhCl
- New 12-sided pound coin to enter circulation in March https://t.co/CAIxKCnB1l
- Man in critical condition after Edinburgh street attack https://t.co/8Z2A2dDAty
- Five people have been arrested on suspicion of murder after man fell through a ceiling in St Leonards https://t.co/gZkQoV3qO9
- Drunk Canada pilot arrested in cockpit before take-off https://t.co/pQTDJQBTbV
- Oldham hit-and-run crash: Victims 'held hands' in crash https://t.co/I06CIz3AqN
- Universal basic income trials being considered in Scotland https://t.co/AwemqjOySG
- HMRC empowered to name and shame tax evasion 'enablers' https://t.co/a8ygHexmJA
- UK countryside at risk in rush to declare Britain ‘open for business’ https://t.co/0BovaHVNMR
- Jean-Claude Juncker blocked EU curbs on tax avoidance, cables show https://t.co/aUnhQhOPf8
- The latest TheLawMap Wig! https://t.co/a8VonbrP5u
- Records reveal minister unease over blood scandal payouts https://t.co/epQaSuOJWu
- Lords revolt over plans for ‘free-market’ universities https://t.co/yFdc84XACc
- UK companies ‘linked to #Azerbaijan pipeline bribery scandal’ https://t.co/4fugRm99C5
- Oldham hit-and-run crash: 12-year-old girl killed on New Year's Eve https://t.co/tpQJyNDetH
- Istanbul nightclub attack 'leaves 35 dead' #TURKEY https://t.co/DhfB8LFORL
- Republican Chris Corley: 911 call records #US politician 'beating wife' https://t.co/v87WLndij4
- The latest TheLawMap Wig! https://t.co/7p9hBGZC1u
- #CHINA court jails 16 for black market kidney trading https://t.co/uL7STj9cQH